dimanche 9 juin 2013

The Faerie Queene

balonsnipple: [history meme] five assassinations [1/5] - The...





balonsnipple:

[history meme] five assassinations [1/5] - The Romanov Family 

The Romanovs had given Lenin a problem. To many, Tsar Nicholas was still the legitimate ruler of Russia. While he was still alive, the people could rally to his cause. The simple fact was that many in the White (monarchist) corner were fighting to restore Nicholas to the throne. The Tsar, appointed by God, had the divine right to rule and had many followers. If Nicholas escaped, then they would have someone to lead them against Lenin. 

In the summer of 1918, Ekateringburg was threatened by advancing Whites. The decision was taken by the Bolsheviks to kill Nicholas and his family. On the night of July 17th, the family was awoken and told that there was trouble in Ekateringburg. They were told that the family would be safer in the basement of the house they were staying in. The whole family including the family doctor, and three servants joined them. 

A group of twelve Red Army soldiers shot everyone who was inside. The legend says that the Romanov girls were finished off with bayonets because the jewels they hid in their undergarments deflected the bullets. The bodies were removed from the basement and buried to a unmarked grave. 

The bodies of the Romanov family were not discovered until 1991 and reburied by the Russian government following a state funeral. The family are considered "passion bearers" by the Russian Orthodox Church for their humility. 

[s o u r c e

fairytalemood: Andersen's Fairy Tales illustrated by Elizabeth...









fairytalemood:

Andersen's Fairy Tales illustrated by Elizabeth MacKinstry (1933)

Medieval Riddles

Medieval Riddles:

medievalthedas:

From the Exeter Book.

My house is not quiet, I am not loud; But for us God fashioned our fate together.
I am the swifter, at times the stronger, My house more enduring, longer to last.
A times I rest; my dwelling still runs; Within it I lodge as long as I live.
Should we two be severed, my death is sure.

the-writers-ramblings: mythology series → the singing seducers...













the-writers-ramblings:

mythology series  the singing seducers of the sea sirens [Σειρῆνες]

oh what a siren can do
to a man with open ears
a song sang in perfect pitch

all he needed was to hear what was in front of him
a song sang too many times

oh what a siren can do

for ameliaelizabeth

Photo



Photo









Lucrezia Borgia (Season 2)



















Lucrezia Borgia (Season 2)

letsgoforahike: Let's Go For A Hike



letsgoforahike:

Let's Go For A Hike

Audio



"Have you talked to your friends? Did they see this coming?"









"Have you talked to your friends? Did they see this coming?"

toasterspasm: The Pudu: World's smallest deer. They live in...



toasterspasm:

image

The Pudu: World's smallest deer.
They live in bamboo thickets to hide from predators, and can weigh up to 12 kilograms (26 pounds).
(Source: Cuteoverload.com)

"I decided to break the law to provide a necessary medical service because women were dying at the..."

"I decided to break the law to provide a necessary medical service because women were dying at the hands of butchers and incompetent quacks, and there was no one there to help them. The law was barbarous, cruel and unjust. I had been in a concentration camp, and I knew what suffering was. If I can ease suffering, I feel perfectly justified in doing so."

-

Dr. Henry Morgentaler, a Canadian doctor who was arrested four times for performing abortions, but whose arrests eventually led to the 1988 Canadian Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion in the country. He died this week at the age of 90. Good obit in the NY Times.

(via ilyagerner)

heytinafey: fun fact i once made a fake reese witherspoon twitter 4 shits and denise richards...

heytinafey:

fun fact i once made a fake reese witherspoon twitter 4 shits and denise richards messaged me a couple times asking me if i was the real deal/telling me stories about her pet pig

image

My sisters and I sanded and stained an old wood table today. I’m very satisfied with the...

My sisters and I sanded and stained an old wood table today. I’m very satisfied with the result. Why is that sort of thing made out to be difficult? I know people who get rid of furniture that’s in better condition than this was. 5 dollars worth of materials and half an hours work… I’m proud. 

Photo









enchantingimagery: Brian Froud



enchantingimagery:

Brian Froud

"I wish I could have lived my life without making any wrong turns. But that's impossible. A path like..."

"I wish I could have lived my life without making any wrong turns. But that's impossible. A path like that doesn't exist. We fail. We trip. We get lost. We make mistakes."

- Natsuki Takaya (via bokura)

heylookitsliz: elizabeth-antoinette: ikenbot: freeselfdefense:...



heylookitsliz:

elizabeth-antoinette:

ikenbot:

freeselfdefense:

Rape Escape

  • Easy and very effective
  • Requires nothing but your body
  • Includes attack

Very useful to know, pass and share please.

Worth watching

I don't mean to impose a personal favour on you guys, but I really would like to ask that everyone who follows me reblog this. 

I don't think I made it very clear but last month I was sexually assaulted by someone who I thought was my friend (I don't want to talk about it don't ask), and it's… really fucked with my head. 

Had I known this a month ago I would have been able to get away

So, essentially, I'm really pleading with you to reblog this so everyone who follows you doesn't get stuck in the same position I was with no way out. 

I mean again I don't want the point of this to be my sob story or whatever but if you could reblog this it would seriously mean a lot 

fuckyeahtyrells: (x)



fuckyeahtyrells:

(x)

mirandaadria: drziggystardust: blackfemalecoders: "Without...



mirandaadria:

drziggystardust:

blackfemalecoders:

"Without Women, Computing as We Know It Would Not Exist."

Re-Blog Forever!

Fuck. Yes.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire